Showing 254 resultsarchival descriptions
Mostly F.A.O publications
- Short bibliography on Social Studies (1973)
- French Bibliography on technology for Education (1972)
- Bibliography on Educational Anthropology, Cultural Change and Development
- Bibliography of planning and financing of education (1975)
- Bibliography on the development of education in Angola, Guinea and Mozambique (1975)
- List of periodicals and addresses for Adult Education (1974)
- 1945 - 1951
144 references to articles and addresses by William G. Carr, the former Executive Secretary, National Education Association, who participated from 1944 to 1946 in the preparation of the Statutes of the United Nations and of UNESCO.
- 1946 - 1973
References to the files relating to UNESCO in the William Benton Papers.
Benton has been instrumental in founding UNESCO during his State Department years, and he continued to monitor its growth. He served as United States ambassador to UNESCO from 1963 to 1969.
- 1rst September 2000
Memo From Dragoljub Najman to the Director-General Koïshiro Matsuura on the relations between the United States of America and the UNESCO.
- 1949 - 1952
Copies of the Papers of Philip Quincy Wright.
The papers contain the following documents written probably between 1949 and 1952, for the Director General of UNESCO:
- Memorandum on proposed reorientation of the programme of UNESCO (1950)
- Memorandum on a practical analysis of the scope and methods of UNESCO (1950)
- A Juridical Analysis of the Scope and Method of UNESCO
- The role of the Social Sciences in UNESCO
- UNESCO's programme for 1951
Wright, Philip Quincy
- 1950 - 1995
Biographical files of staff members, experts, consultants, delegates etc. These biographical information do not claim to be complete in any way. They are more an arbitrary collection, updated on an irregular basis, which might be useful as additional information for researchers.
File of references
Copy of a file preserved by the Public Record Office, London:
Foreign Office File F.O. 924/638
Allied Education Conferences 1948
(on UNESCO, appointments, correspondence, election of the DG)
Paper copies of microfiche and inventories, handwritten notes and correspondence about the records on UNESCO preserved by the US National Archive in Washington