Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Herzog, Marie Pierre
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Herzog, Marie-Pierre
- Herzog, M.P.
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Marie-Pierre Herzog, a French national, joined the staff of UNESCO in March 1969 as Director of the Division of Philosophy. In 1973, she was made Director of the newly created Human Rights Coordination Unit. The Unit became the Division of Human Rights and Peace in 1975.
Functions, occupations and activities
- Director, Division of Philosophy, Social Sciences, Humanities and Culture Sector, 1969 - 30 April 1973
- Director, Human Rights Coordination Unit, Office of the Assistant-Director General, Social Sciences, Humanities and Culture Sector, 1 May 1973-1975
- Director, Division of Human Rights and Peace, Social Sciences, Humanities and Culture Sector, 1975-1976?
Mandates/sources of authority
UNESCO. Division of Human Rights and Peace (1976-1993)
Identifier of the related entity
Category of the relationship
Dates of the relationship
Description of relationship
Herzog was Director of the Human Rights Coordination Unit (1973-1975) and then the Division of Human Rights and Peace (1976).
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Name note: RAD Rules 22.1B and 22.2A1 instruct that if the authorized form of name is not clear from the published works, use name in Reference sources. UNESDOC authority used.
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Created by AWT 23/03/2012.
- UNESCO. (1973). Coordination en matière des Droits de l'Homme. 24 avril 1973. ODG/DG/Mémo 32.351.
- UNESCO Archives, Archive Group 6: Secretariat Documents, Staff Lists.