FR PUNES AG 8-SEC-CAB-19
Hammarskjold Commission files
- 1988-1993 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
60 linear cm of textual material and 23 audio cassettes
Name of creator
Audio cassettes originally with speakers list in box 6 have been transferred to the Multimedia Archives. File code CAB 19/6 retained for speakers list, which has been moved into box 5.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Series consists of ODG files on the Hammarskjold Commission - an independent body commissioned to advise the Director-General on ways and means of improving staff efficiency and management in the UNESCO Secretariat. The files are in original order.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Audio recordings have been migrated to CDs. A sample is in the Multimedia Archive - see note on allied materials.
There is a log noting the speakers from the taped sessions. See CAB 19/6 in box 5.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
All audio recordings are held by the Multimedia Archives. See file-level description for identifier numbers.
Existence and location of copies
- Sample of audio cassettes has been entered into the Multimedia Archive: http://www.unesco.org/archives/multimedia/index.php?s=films_details&id_page=33&id_film=2352
- Final report has been scanned and is available in UNESDOC: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0008/000859/085993eb.pdf
Related units of description
Other records relating to the reform activities of the period can be found in the following Archive Groups (links to UNESDOC indicated).
AG 5: Executive Board Documents
- Unesco. Executive Board, 134th session. (1990). Assessment of action to improve the management of the programme and the running of the Organization; information note on action to modernize the running of the Secretariat. 134 EX/INF. 5. Accessed online in UNESDOC 1/3/2012: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0008/000854/085481eo.pdf
AG 6: Secretariat Documents
- UNESCO. (1990). DG/Note/90/2.
- UNESCO. (1990). DG/Note/90/3.
- UNESCO. (1990). DG/Note/90/4.
- UNESCO. Director-General. (1988). Address by Federico Mayor, Director-General of Unesco, to the Staff of the Unesco Secretariat; Unesco House, 5 December 1988. Accessed online in UNESDOC 1/3/2012: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0008/000823/082377eo.pdf
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created by AWT 1/3/2012. Revised by AWT 3/4/2012.